Doodle is the age now where he is obsessed with drawing, cutting, coloring and pretty much and creative art or craft you can imagine. In year’s past he hasn’t really been interested in helping with making Valentine’s so this year I decided to take advantage of getting him to make a cute preschool Valentine’s Day craft card.
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays for crafting and creating. I love everything pink and red and hearts and focused on love. And I enjoy sharing those feelings with my kids.
But crafting with my kids isn’t always my favorite. The mess, the drama and the mess usually keep me away from doing big projects but that’s what’s so great about this easy preschool Valentine’s Day craft card. It only takes a little bit of prep work and there’s hardly any mess!
Easy Preschool Valentine’s Day Craft Card
What you’ll need:
- Construction Paper
- Contact Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Pen or Pencil
How to make the Preschool Valentine’s Day Craft Card:
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half and cut three concentric hearts on the fold, the two biggest about 1/2″ apart and the third smaller in the middle.
- The bigger heart will become the frame of your card, trace the outside of the frame on the contact paper and cut the contact paper slightly inside the traced line.
- Peel the backing off the contact paper and stick it to the frame and stick the smaller heart on the middle of the sticky side of the paper.
- Cut the tissue paper into about 1″ squares and, one piece at a time, scrunch the paper and stick it to the contact paper.
- Continue scrunching and sticking the tissue paper until all the sticky part of the contact paper is covered.
- Write a cute Valentine’s Message on the smaller, middle heart or have your child draw a picture and your preschool Valentine’s Day craft card is done!