I’m a pretty lucky mommy that my kids aren’t picky eaters (here’s my tips for helping to avoid creating picky eaters) but that doesn’t mean I don’t try to get as many healthy veggies in my kids as possible!
There are many ways to get kids to eat vegetables and I’ll admit to hiding the veggies at times to get extra in my kids, but ultimately, I don’t want my kids to be scared of veggies on their plates. We have a vegetable with every lunch and dinner at home and even at restaurants whenever possible (and potatoes don’t count in this house!).
And while I have successfully gotten my kids to love vegetables (some more than others), I also have to contend with a somewhat picky husband who isn’t a fan of many of my favorite vegetables. But over time, I’ve found ways to get him to not only tolerate my favorites but actually like them, too!
This Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe is one of those things.
What you need for Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole:
- 1 head of cauliflower (or 1 bag riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of oil.
- Chop the cauliflower into very small pieces and cook in boiling water just until tender.
- Chop the bacon into small bits and cook until browned.
- Drain the cauliflower completely.
- Remove grease from the bacon.
- Stir together the cauliflower, bacon, sour cream and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spread evenly in a casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
Serve the Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole alongside your favorite meat or protein!
For more delicious, healthy recipes, check out my Week of VeggieFull Dinners Recipes.